This is Torra Bay in Namibia for those who dare to camp with minimum! Showers and toilets were all good, in fact new toilets where built and they are planning an entertainment/shop for this year to attract more people.
This beach/camp site is only open in Dec until January, rest of the year off limits. No electricity so you will have to have a generator.
We drove up to Terrace bay to fish, what a stunning beach! Then up to Harold’s bay and in these photos is a story of the Terrace lion roaming the area between Torra en Terrace bay…..luckily he did not come to greet us!
Due to the heavy rains, a lot of animals stayed in the bush, such as the lions and elephants, however we did manage to see all the other wild animals including hyena’s!
An interesting place was St Nowhere, not a well known place, but apparently great fishing spots and some lovely salt pan scenery.
Then there was Sossusvlei !
A long drive to this beautiful site, but well worth the trip! It and all tar road so no excuse not to go see it. We had a 4×4 so then you can drive by yourself to the end, otherwise they have these Uri – custom made vehicles (also only made in Namibia) for these purposes
Ons het duisende valke gesien wat op die grond, in die bome en orals rondvlieg in die Omaruru area, glo tyd vir uitbroei van allerhande termiete, so ja baie kos vir hulle. Was asemrowend om dit te sien.
We received some four-leffed visitors at our camp sites in Etosha. They came close up and totally relaxed….but not the tourists haha!
Some tips :
- Can definitely stop in Aus at the Hotel, great food
- Namuskluft camp site is outside Rosh Pinah – a lovely get away and the views are stunning, also generator required
- Be aware at border post, we were checked at Sendlingsdrift and the stones we had picked up were apparently too big and not allowed cross the border back to RSA!
- There is no tire repairs available at Alexander bay, we drove on to Port Nolloth were we got good service…after lunch time of course !
- Mense moet maar bewus wees vir reenval oor Des en Jan en maar sort die voertuig is reg daarvoor
- Maak seker bande is reg vir grondpad, want ons het meer grondpad gery as teerpad. Die Noorde van Namibia se paaie is baie goed, maar die Suide is terrible.